Insurance Confidential (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.insuranceconfidential.ie you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the “GDPR”), the data controller is Insurance Ireland of registered office at [Insurance Ireland, Insurance Centre, 5 Harbourmaster Place, IFSC Dublin 1 DO1 E7E8
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the hard-drive or storage of your computer or device.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site .
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Analytics||_ga||This cookie is essential for our site to measure anonymous site usage analytics||Reference: analytics.google.com|
|WordPress||wordpress_f36fddf40ddd09f1a72ec9bca357dd8b||This cookie is essential for our site to allow render correctly for the duration of your browsing session||www.wordpress.com|
|WordPress||wp-settings-1||This cookie is essential for our site to allow render correctly for the duration of your browsing session||www.wordpress.com|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to investigate and or report to the relevent third part or authoritiy information submitted to us by you;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;